Monday, February 25, 2013

Scanner Dreams Questions


1. What is the mood of your image? Is it a result of: contrast, subject matter, depth of field or the figure to ground relationship?
           
            I think the mood of my image is haunting. The black and white colors and the old, vintage type look makes it look spooky. I’m also sticking my hand out, kind of like I’m reaching out for help, and my hands are the most bright part of the whole image. And the bottom image of myself looks like I’m almost fading away.  Its more of a result of contrast I think, and how the colors vary from how close I am to the camera.

2. What makes the illusion of depth? Value changes, edge quality, or size of objects?
           
            My hands make the illusion of depth. I made them the closest thing to the scanner, while my head and body were further away. I also moved my head and hand down half way through the scan to add a wavy, stretchy effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment